Department Overview2016-2018 Consolidated Plan and 2016 Annual Action Plan
Community Development is a division of the Regional Planning Department. The Community Development Division coordinates grant management for local, state and federal grants, including Community Development Block Grants (CDBG).
Division responsibilities include:
- Providing grant administration and reporting for State, Federal and community grants for the City and Community Development
- Maintaining certified Grant Administrator status required for Nebraska Department of Economic Development grants
- Serving as a CDBG grant resource
- Facilitating service referrals to other community agencies
- Preparing and Administering Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan for CDBG funding.
- Serving as City liaison to a variety of non-profit agencies and other community groups working to enhance community development
- Managing and reporting economic development and non-economic development program re-use funds
- Monitoring grantees and meeting multiple grant related requirements