STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 2/20/2017 @ 9:30 am
- Paving construction for Adams Street between Stolley Park and Church Road will begin on February 13, 2017.
- The initial closure will consist of closing Adams Street at Stolley Park and 300 feet north to a private drive. The closure will take approximately one month as a storm sewer connection in completed. Traffic lanes on Stolley Park will be shifted to the south during this construction.
- Mid-March will bring the additional closure of Adams Street north to Church Road. The closure of Adams Street from Stolley Park to Church Road will be closed until mid-July. Additional lane shifts on Stolley Park will occur during this period for handicap ramps and traffic signal installation at the Adams Street intersection.
For more information on the roadway project, and other Public Works projects, visit the projects webpage at www.grand-island.com/2017projects. The Public Works Department can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GI.PublicWorks and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/GIPublicWorks.
4TH TO 5TH STREET, EDDY TO SYCAMORE STREET AND LIONS PARK IMPROVEMENTS
- The curb ramp and sidewalk construction for the 4th Street corridor from Eddy to Sycamore will resume on February 13, 2017.
Construction on 4th Street generally includes curb ramp installation in accordance with the American with Disability Act (ADA). Select sidewalk replacement will also occur in the 4th Street corridor.
Lions Park Improvements generally include the construction of the new basketball and futsal courts, sidewalk replacement and curb ramp installation. Court surfacing will be installed in the spring of 2017. Future improvements to Lions Park include replacement of the existing playground equipment and the installation of a second futsal court, as funding becomes available.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING / TELEVISING LOCATIONS
This section will be updated periodically, as the crews move throughout various parts of the City. Work in these locations will consist of flushing & root foaming sanitary sewer lines, as well as televising lines for a current pipe condition. Please use caution in these work zones.
- Crew 1 - Flushing in various areas of the City
- Televising crew will be in various areas of the City
STATE FAIR BLVD
The Streets Division will be doing concrete work on State Fair Blvd. just East of S. Locust. State Fair Blvd. will be closed from February 20 through February 23