STREET / LANE CLOSURES WITHIN THE CITY OF GRAND ISLAND
Last Updated 5/25/2017 @ 7:30 am
- 4th Street between Washington Street and Lincoln Avenue will be closed May 5,2017 through June 12, 2017 for concrete repair work.
4TH TO 5TH STREET, EDDY TO SYCAMORE STREET AND LIONS PARK IMPROVEMENTS
- The curb ramp and sidewalk construction for the 4th Street corridor from Eddy to Sycamore will resume on February 13, 2017.
Construction on 4th Street generally includes curb ramp installation in accordance with the American with Disability Act (ADA). Select sidewalk replacement will also occur in the 4th Street corridor.
Lions Park Improvements generally include the construction of the new basketball and futsal courts, sidewalk replacement and curb ramp installation. Court surfacing will be installed in the spring of 2017. Future improvements to Lions Park include replacement of the existing playground equipment and the installation of a second futsal court, as funding becomes available.
- The additional closure of Adams Street north to Church Road will begin Wednesday, March 1, and will be closed until mid-July. Construction during this closure will include the removal of existing pavement, installation of storm sewer, and relocation of other utilities. Additional lane shifts on Stolley Park will occur during this period for handicap ramps and traffic signal installation at the Adams Street intersection.
For more information on the roadway project, and other Public Works projects, visit the projects webpage at www.grand-island.com/2017projects. The Public Works Department can also be found on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GI.PublicWorks and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/GIPublicWorks.
- Engleman Road will be closed from Stolley Park Road to Old Potash Highway through approximately June 2, 2017 to allow for main installation.
- Side streets along Faidley Avenue, between Custer Avenue and Broadwell Avenue, will be closed periodically through July 4, 2017 in connection with the annual curb ramp project.
- The intersection of Koenig Street and Pine Street will be closed from April 17,2017 until May 31,2017 for concrete repair work being completed by the Streets Division.
PAVEMENT MARKINGS- CITY WIDE:
- Pavement marking work on streets throughout the City will be taking place from May 9,2017 until the end of June. Work will include paining arrows, stop bars, crosswalks and lane lines. This work will be conducted at night ( 6pm-7am) and motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures and short duration streets closures.
SANITARY SEWER CLEANING / TELEVISING LOCATIONS
- This section will be updated periodically, as the crews move throughout various parts of the City. Work in these locations will consist of flushing & root foaming sanitary sewer lines, as well as televising lines for a current pipe condition. Please use caution in these work zones.
- Crew 1 - Flushing in various areas of the City
- The Street Department will be doing concrete work at the intersection of Seedling Mile Road and Voss Road beginning May 16,2017 through June 3, 2017, with traffic down to one lane only.
- On the east side of South Locust Street, between Wellfield Road and Camp Augustine Road, tree removal will be taking place May 16,2017 - May 19,2017. This work should not interfere with traffic.
- South Pine Street will be closed from Schuff Street to Bismark Road May 25,2017 for Street Repairs.
US HIGHWAY 30
- The Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR) will be reconstructing curb ramps on US Highway 30 between Clay Street and Vine Street in Grand Island at select locations. The work is scheduled to begin in April 2017 and be completed by July 2017. This work is in conjunction with NDOR District 4 - District-wide Curb Ramp Project. Van Kirk Bros. of Sutton, NE was awarded the project. Please contact NDOR District 4 office at 308-385-6265 for additional information.